Hounds Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mosque near Ground Zero

4 posters

Go down

Mosque near Ground Zero Empty Mosque near Ground Zero

Post  night-reaper Thu May 27, 2010 8:31 pm

A 'mega mosque' near Ground Zero?

Plans are moving forward for a Muslim community center near the Twin Towers site. Is it a sign of tolerance — or a "13-story monument" to the horrors of 9/11?
posted on May 27, 2010, at 6:01 PM

Opponents say construction of a mosque near Ground Zero is an affront to the memory of the victims of 9/11.

What Newsweek calls "predictable" outrage erupted earlier this week as members of a Manhattan community board backed the construction of a 13-story mosque and Islamic cultural center two blocks from Ground Zero. While some say the worship center, promoted by well-known moderate imam named Feisal Abdul Rauf, represents a symbol of tolerance and triumph over Islamic extremists, others see it as an affront to the memories of 9/11's victims. Is the plan doomed? (Watch an ABC report about the mosque near Ground Zero)

Put a mosque anywhere else, but not on this soil: Sorry, says Jeff Harrell at Staten Island Live, "there's just no room for a mosque at Ground Zero." America was founded, in part, "on the freedom to pray whenever, wherever and whoever you want to pray to as long as nobody gets hurt in the process." But the fact remains that 3,000 Americans were murdered in the name of Allah. The plan to celebrate the mosque's grand opening on the tragedy's 10th Anniversary is offensive. "Rauf can take his new discourse and shove it."
"Some things are sacred"

This mosque could be positive, if we'd think twice about it: The media has largely chosen to ignore that the mosque's "cultural center" will also include a culinary school, performing-arts center, and swimming pool, says Ben Adler at Newsweek. By bringing new business to an area of Manhattan that has been riddled by lagging development ever since 9/11, the mosque could be a "testament to the tolerance, diversity, and vitality of this nation and its greatest city."
"A sad, predictable reaction to another Ground Zero plan"

Regardless of intention, this plan is inappropriate: To me, building a mosque near the Twin Towers sounds like "having your Islamic cake and eating it," says Douglas Murray at The Telegraph. The argument that the mosque puts a positive spin on the horrors of the day won't fly: "I don't think bringing 'something positive' out of 9/11 is what most people want, do you?"
"A mosque at Ground Zero? A sick joke"
night-reaper
night-reaper

Back to top Go down

Mosque near Ground Zero Empty Re: Mosque near Ground Zero

Post  C.Hound Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 am

This really irritates me. It really take a set that klanks to allow this. Next we'll have a national holiday in celebration of the muslim extremists success on 911. And don't anybody tell me this isn't an effort to rub it in the faces of New Yorkers and all of the US. That's exactly what it is, and the people that are allowing it should be shot for treason! Evil or Very Mad
C.Hound
C.Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  OT Fri May 28, 2010 11:19 am

C.Hound wrote:This really irritates me. It really take a set that klanks to allow this. Next we'll have a national holiday in celebration of the muslim extremists success on 911. And don't anybody tell me this isn't an effort to rub it in the faces of New Yorkers and all of the US. That's exactly what it is, and the people that are allowing it should be shot for treason! Evil or Very Mad

If anyone actually believes that the muslims actually care one way or another, they are wrong. If you were to take a careful look at the way they have been spreading out all over the planet and given their violent religion, just remember this one quote from their koran ( bible ). ALL NON BELIEVERS SHALL DIE

This is and has been for some time now their method of world domination. It will never stop as long as one of either them or us is left alive.

No matter how you read it or see it or even think it. It is what has been happening and what is happening and what will happen. They know that they are not strong enough to take us on in any kind of all out war. But they can move in and destroy us from within our own system. And if you don't think it is going to happen, you had better do some research as to where and how many of them there are in the world today.
OT
OT

http://www.just-art-posters.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulip Fri May 28, 2010 10:52 pm

I agree with you guys.

This is just wrong.

Also I do not trust them at all. I think there is much behind wanting to build the Mosque in this particular spot and it is not good intentions. To me this is a slap in the face and I just am shocked New York is letting this happen. I have to think money has clouded their judgement.
Tulip
Tulip

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Hound Fri May 28, 2010 11:22 pm

It's definatly not because it's the perfect place for a mosque. I hope the graffiti masters paint a cross and "Jesus saves" on it's front door on a daily basis.
C.Hound
C.Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  OT Sat May 29, 2010 10:05 am

I hope that the unions refuse to build it. We cannot by law tell them how to worship or which religion to belong to, but we cn pass a laws that says they cannot build thjeir mosque anywhere at all. JUst as Switzerland has done.
OT
OT

http://www.just-art-posters.com

Back to top Go down

Post  night-reaper Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:35 pm

C.Hound wrote:This really irritates me. It really take a set that klanks to allow this. Next we'll have a national holiday in celebration of the muslim extremists success on 911. And don't anybody tell me this isn't an effort to rub it in the faces of New Yorkers and all of the US. That's exactly what it is, and the people that are allowing it should be shot for treason! Evil or Very Mad
That would piss me off if that happened.
Twisted Evil
night-reaper
night-reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum