Hounds Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks.

3 posters

Go down

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Empty Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks.

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 am

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks.

I was laughing and crying. Sometimes I have a question: why Hollywood producers save money for consultants? Especially, when they shoot the film about other countries. If they do the film for others, not for Americans, it looks very funny and sometimes or even often - very stupidly or a load of old cobblers. If they do it only for home market, so to say, it looks like they think that Americans are...

Well, let's go!

The Bourne Identity (2002).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_02

A simple Russian boy - Ащьф Фштшфум... Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl2
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Empty Re: Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks.

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:21 am

Red Planet (2000).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_08

No comments! Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl2 Rubbish and nonsense!

Last edited by BiR on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Empty Re: Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks.

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:46 am

Independence Day (1996).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_06

Somebody tell me, what the ТУЧА ФЗНАМЗНОН (Cloud FZNAMZNON) is? Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Shok Why the city Новосибирск (Novosibirsk) suddenly morphed into Новосйойрск (Novosyoyorsk)? Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Shok Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl By the way, Novosibirsk has never been located in Yakutiya. This is the biggest city of Siberia. Besides, Sankt Petersburg was as Петроград (Petrograd) only from August, 1914 to January, 1924. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Negative

Complete nonsense! Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Negative Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Biggrin

Last edited by BiR on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 am

Stranded / Black Horizon (2001).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_07

I think all film producers sure that standart Russian monitor through the eyes of Americans looks like this. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Biggrin

Last edited by BiR on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:21 am

The Terminal (2004).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_03

What's the name of Tom Hanks' character? Maybe you think his name is Viktor Navorski? No, you are wrong. As you can see in the driving licence, his name is Гулина Гульнара (Gulina Gulnara). Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Dance
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 am

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_15

The newspapers in the USSR does not necessarily have to have a meaningful text, because almost all people in Soviet Russia are vodka, balayka and bears, and they are all the same not being able to read... Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl

To be continue...
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am

Spies Like Us (1985).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_19

Oh! o dear! Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Shout

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_20

Oh, dear! (twice). Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_21

Oh my! Mommy, I wanna TANMEKC as this. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 am

Max Payne (2008).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_09

The writings on the cartons: УЕТЫРЕ ПАЛЬТА. COOOOOOL!!! Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl2
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:02 am

From Russia With Love (1963).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_05

I love the writings on the doors in Russian Embassy: "Дергат" и "Дихать". This is not only big grammar mistake but the error of style too. I'm in shock... Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Shok Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Scratch_one-s_head

To be continue... Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rolleyes
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

Fantastic Four (2005).

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Tn

The final shots of this film. I don't know, who is a captain of the ship but the owner is a gagman and comic, I think. ГОЛОВКА ПАЛЬЦА НОГИ (not sure but I think it looks like this: The small head of the toe) - the top-of-the-line name for a ship that I've ever seen. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rofl Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Good Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Lol

Last edited by BiR on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

But all is not lost. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rolleyes There's definitely a room for improvement. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Yes

The Simpsons.

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_22

The writings on the billboard in Russian (the first billboard from right) "УЧИСЬ ГОВОРИТЬ ПО-AНГЛИЙСКИ, ИЛИ УБИРАЙСЯ" means "Learn English or get out of here".

and

Police Academy.

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rus_film_23

The writing on the call-box: dick, cock, f@ck, wang, dog bone, prick - to choose from. Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. Rolleyes
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  night-reaper Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. NightmareElmSt_russia
night-reaper
night-reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Hound Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:12 am

I doubt they think anyone will look close enough to notice BiR.
C.Hound
C.Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 am

night-reaper wrote:Russian language in American movies. Hollywood rocks. NightmareElmSt_russia
Oh, pretty Freddy! I like "A Nightmare on Elm Street". Really one of the best horror films. I have seen in one of the stores all parts on DVD and I hope to buy them someday anyway. Rolling Eyes
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 am

C.Hound wrote:I doubt they think anyone will look close enough to notice BiR.
Quite possible. If Hollywood does it only for home market, so to say, it doesn't give a hoot but for other countries, I sure, sometimes it can be of importance. Though... in this case, Hollywood holds up to ridicule not only yourself, I think and all Americans too... jocolor
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Hound Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 am

BiR wrote:
C.Hound wrote:I doubt they think anyone will look close enough to notice BiR.
Quite possible. If Hollywood does it only for home market, so to say, it doesn't give a hoot but for other countries, I sure, sometimes it can be of importance. Though... in this case, Hollywood holds up to ridicule not only yourself, I think and all Americans too... jocolor

you are correct. Hollywood only does what will make them the biggest profit. To pay someone to research these things would cost too much.
C.Hound
C.Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  BiR Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:52 am

C.Hound wrote:
you are correct. Hollywood only does what will make them the biggest profit. To pay someone to research these things would cost too much.
I'm ready to consult them. That will cost the old Dorset an extra five hundred dollars ©️. Very Happy

Last edited by BiR on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
BiR
BiR

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Hound Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 am

BiR wrote:
C.Hound wrote:
I'm ready to consult them. That will cost the old Dorset extra five hundred dollars ©️. Very Happy

hahahaha....
C.Hound
C.Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down